First I’ll give you a play by play of my day. It was quite a snowy day here in Columbus, Ohio. Can’t complain though… even though I hate being cold, I am a sucker for the snow 🙂
Breakfast featured my first attempt at overnight oats! I was pretty excited and I have absolutely no problem conforming to blog-like behaviors because they are just oh-so delicious!
I put a contianer of oikos plain 0% with 1/3 cup of oats and 1/3 cup of light vanilla soy milk overnight. In the morning I added a banana, blueberries, a tbsp cinnamon raisin swirl & dark chocolate dreams, and some warm cinnamon heart to heart cereal. I really liked this combination, but I couldn’t taste the oats as much as I might have liked… did I not add enough? any suggestions?
I went shopping with mi madre and got some great deals at forever XXI. I was able to return a hideouss sweater my aunt bought me for the holidays (not that I wasn’t appreciative) in exchange for some freakin’ amazing deals!!
I got a pair of jeans for under $10. i’m sorry, I have plenty of expensive jeans and I think it is ridiculous how much some companies can charge for a pair of jeans when these 10 dollar ones are equally good quality! & I also got a couple cute tops & some adorable head bands.. I love ribbon head bands 🙂
We had lunch at the food court at the mall and I had Chick-Fil-A for my first time ever. It was delicious- impressive for fast food. I got the cool char-grilled chicken wrap, a small chicken noodle soup & a fruit cup (I had to make it fit my meal plan and I missed my morning snack!)
I had a nutritionist appointment at 4:30 so when I got home I had to leave right away. IOP is also from 5:30-8. The nutritionist appointment went well because I told her about my issue with fitting in my morning snack and she altered my plan so that I have a bigger lunch/afternoon snack & no morning snack.
For dinner at IOP i had strawberry chobani with a 1/2 cup of bare neaked pure protein granola, a banana, some teddy grahams, and veggies dipped in mustard.. delicious!
I came home and it took FOREVER because the roads were terrible. When I got home I didn’t feel like making plans so instead I watched The Bachelor with my mom & we also watched the first episode of Glee- I love it already. My family always bets on who will win the Bachelor from a picture of the entire cast before it airs… no matter how trashy that show is, we always do it. Last year Gar & I picked Ed & he won!!
My evening snack was a glass of bolthouse farms mocha cappuccino (it had most of my exchanges so I bought it) & some cocoa roast almonds.. yum!
1. List 10 things that make you happy
2. Try to do at least one of them every day
3. Tag 10 bloggers who brighten your day
So here it goes, there are lots of things that make me happy but I’ll try to think of just 10!
1. Being with Gardner. I know this is obvious but he is the best support system I could ever ask for and I truly feel the most myself when I am with him. & I love that we can be completely goofy together- this is us last year on our cruise- tradition in my family to rock the mullet wigs!
2. Having a GREAT Mom (& family) and spending time with her. I speak about my Mom in particular (and not the rest of my fam) because I used to totally take her for granted until I realized how lucky I am to have a Mom who is “cool” and who really is fun to be around & one of the most giving people I know. Not to mention- she is hilarious.
4. SUSHI!!!! I love Sushi more than life. Though I don’t eat as much as I ate pre-ed, I still enjoy it. I am working on letting myself indulge in some of the special rolls I wasn’t afraid to order pre-Ed but it’s still a work in progress.
5. Sippin’ coffee while reading blogs, watching tv, etc.. Enough said- it is so relaxing
6. BLOGGING in general & reading your comments. Starting a blog was by far the best decision i’ve made this year (or at least one of them). I love the supportive comments, the blogs I read, and the fact that I am able to document my life (it will be so cool to look back on these entries in the future!).
7. Hanging out with my true friends. Friends are so valuable and I am so blessed to have plenty of great ones!
8. Running. Though right now i’ve put that on hold for health reasons, I love the release I feel when I go for a run and the accomplished feeling after a great run.
9. Going to the movies. I love going to the movies… i don’t know what else to say about that!
10. Watching the sunset. I love a beautiful sunset- there is nothing more amazing to me ❤ Don’t care how cheesy I am 😀
Now i’m going to tag some fabulous bloggers- this is hard becuase all the blogs I read make me smile! BUt here is 10 that I am picking somewhat randomly?
I am feeling so inspired and motivated lately. With my adjusted meal plan, it is my goal to follow it 100%, no excuses 🙂 I keep thinking about how amazing it will be to reach that goal weight and though the journey is difficult, the destination is so completely worth it!! Health & Happiness is worth it. I will not give up and I will not let myself believe that I will be worth any less with some more poundage (haha). It’s gaining health and that is all there is to it.