clearly just about every blogger has their standard thanksgiving post… so I suppose this is mine!
Being home has felt absolutely amazing. I”ve seriously enjoyed every second spent resting, relaxing, sleeping in my bed, having a reallll kitchen, seein some old familiar faces, and of course..shopping!
Thanksgiving Day started out with this delicious bowl of messiness.
We set a beautiful Thanksgiving table
My Mom always makes muffins for the thanksgiving table & this eyar was no different. They were cranberry pumpkin– AMAZING.
so that’s my platee and on it you’ll find some turkey, mashed taters, vegetarian stuffing (my sister is a vegetarian), sweet potato casserole (omg amazing), & cranberries. I went back for seconds on the sweet potato casserole. I also had a sliver of pumpkin pie that went unpictured. It was a delicious meal and though I definitely overindulged, I was able to have some sort of comfort with it and tried my hardest to enjoy myself.
The next day I slept in until about 12 and woke up to a biggg bowl of oat bran & was sad to not get a pick :(.
Then, despite my avid denial to enter into Black Friday madness, I was convinced by mi madre.. & it was fun! While out, I snacked on this bar, Kashi Go Lean Cruncy chocolate pretzel- I was pretty impressed with it. I thought it had a great taste & it was filling.
I then went to dinner with my parents at a mediterranean restaurant and wasn’t able to get pictures but I had a delicious cup of butternut squash & a greek salad with salmon.
My friend had a party last night & it was great to catch up with old friends 🙂
I slept in until about 12:30 today & so missed breakfastt.
lunch was turkey on whole wheat with muenster cheese, reduced fat cheezits, a honeycrisp apple, some carrots dipped in hummus, and a glass of chocolate milk !
For a snack, I ate a spooky s’mores bar that I found & I loved it! Dinner was with Gar & his family at a country club & it was amazing, I had butternut squash soup, seared scallops, brussel sprouts & some dark chocolate gelato split with gardner. I didn’t take pictures though… it would have been awkward! haha
Then tonight I had some of my girl friends form high school over & it was great to catch up, reminisce, gossip, & all the other thing’s girls do.
Tomorrow morning I head home & luckily I am flying with Gardner this time ! We have a 3 hour layover in Milwaukee 😦 but i think it’ll be fine because we’ll just get lunch, do some school work, etc.
This break has taught me a few things & I just thought i’d share some of the things I learned since i’ve been home
1. I have people here who care about me, love me, & want the best for me. I was told by so many people from my past that they think that I would be happier, healthier, and more beautiful at a higher weight. Honesty went a long way for me mentally this week.
2. I like food… a lot. I like to eat, so why was i being so restrictive? Enjoying a good meal without restriction is normal & healthy. I hope one day I can do that without feeling a hint of guilt.
3. New beginnings are exciting, but your roots are important. I love school and I feel like i’ve been so wrapped up in my new friends, sorority, experiences, etc. that I took home for granted. Though I LOVE the new people in my life, the old are so important. They have helped me become who I am today & they get me in a way that my new friends can’t really. I should appreciate these people more & I am going to make more of an effort to keep in touch with my roots.
So, Here I am… I have gained weight, I am on the right track, & now i go back to school and have to keep on this track. I am really only a couple pounds underweight now. Part of me is happy, the other part of me is extremely scared. Gardner and I decided to call my eating disorder “GERTRUDE” haha because I was sick of talking about the eating disorder. Well, Gertrude is such a part of me that part of me is scared to lose “her”.. does anyone know what I mean? Even though I know Gertrude is terrible & ruining my life, I don’t quite remember life without “her.”
Sorry that this post was a bit of a ramble… I hope you were able to follow.
I’ll leave you with a few questions
1. Did you learn anything from your Thanksgiving Break? If so, what?
2. What is your favorite part about being home?
3. Random–> What is the craziest thing you’ve done lately? 🙂
Wishing you all a relaxing Sunday!