Hi everyone !
Thank you for your positive, honest, helpful, encouraging, and sincere comments on my last post. I would smile with each and every one and it was even further reminder that I CAN do this and that I am so not in this alone.
I’m pretty pumped for this post because I’ve got some pics & more interesting eats!!
ThE EaTs: 😀
hahah i feel like such a dork writing it like that- when I was in middle school, everyone typed like that. I just had the urge to do it.. yeah.. don’t know.
Monday started with a yogurt mess with my new, thrilling buys from whole foods/copps and included my new PUMPKIN BUTTER!
in this baby= fage 2%, a banana, a scoop of cinnamon raisin swirl, a scoop of pumpkin butter, & some marshmallow oaties, cinnamon crunch cascadian farms cereal, & graham bumpers = explosion of deliciousness in my mouuuth!
It was so good that after my am class & a fab work out with the boy, I made him a very simliar bowl because he said he needed to try fage a second time to decide if he liked it..
Lunch was a turkey sammiee on this really good whole grain boy @ gar’s apartment with pepper jack cheese, and glenn’s soy crisps zesty bbq flavored & an apple- LOVE!
Dinner was at the sorority house. Monday nights we have chapter & dinner but usually i can’t go to dinner since i have class.. but i may or may not have skipped my first college class 🙂 hehe i can’t say i’m too proud though.. i have a guilty conscious!
I was anxious about the dinner because I knew it probably wouldn’t be the healthiest but I pretty much forced myself to eat it because I know that is what normal eating is about. All the other girls are eating it, it is not that bad for me, I should just not worry & eat it.. so I did.
sorry for the pathetic picture, i tried to take one secretively haha but i pretty much failed. it was an asian themed dinner with a vegetarian option asian seasoned meatball thing? so i had one of those, an egg roll, some salad/veggies & a little bit of salmon… not bad!
I skipped my ensure drinks on Monday and i’m trying not to beat myself up about it but it kind of upsets me because I was on the right track and after my family visited i kind of fell of the wagon and went back to more restrictive ways. but you’ll see as my post continues that i’m getting back on the track I was on! I refuse to fail at this.
Tuesday started with a yogurt mess that went unpictured– i’m really boring, but i’m sorry they are goood! I had an ensure plus too after class.
Lunch was something slightly different- but SO delicious!!
After microwaving for 2 minutes, I put a piece of cheese on it and then sandwiched it with an earth grain sandwich thin & some mushrooms, spinach, and tomatoes. I also ate it with some soy crisps, an apple, and milk!
For a snack I tried the iced gingerbread clif bar!
don’t get me wrong, this bar tasted really good & i thoroughly enjoyed it. But I was a tinnny bit disappointed in the lack of ginger flavor… i was expecting more! i’d buy it again though.. i’d probably give it an 8/10
for dinner I picked something up on the way to the sorority house… I tried Milio’s which is a sandiwch place i’ve been wanting to try!
I got a turkey wrap on a lo-carb wrap with provolone, tomato, lettuce, & alfalfa sprouts! It was so amazing, I loved it! I will definitely be going there again
Tonight I drank a walgreen’s offbrand drink like ensure that was strawberry flavored & kind of sucked.. i need more ensure pluses! :-\ and I had it with a handful of trail mix (unpictured) which was really good
ok, so the lovely jessica tagged me to do this survey 🙂 here we gooo..
1. favorite variety of apple? Honeycrisps or pink ladies for sure- i’m a sucker for anything sweet
2. apples dipped in..? Dark chocolate dreams for a dessert or HONEY!
3. favorite way to enjoy pumpkin? probably pumpkin pie..love it! Or in my yogurt messes with pumpkin butter
4. favorite soup? with crackers or bread? I love sizzling rice soup from chinese restaurants- always have! & no to the crackers/bread
5. do you eat orange foods all year round? Yes! I don’t discriminate 🙂
6. most used spice in your autumn cooking: cinnamon- 100%..not that i cook…
7. you are baking some homemade bread, what flavor combination of bread would you like to make? hahahah sorry, me baking makes me laugh, but I would love pumpkin banana chocolate chip- yummmmm
8. favorite autumn vegetables and ways to eat it? roasted squash! delicious..haven’t had it yet 😦
9. hot chocolate, hot cider, coffee or tea? all of the above? but according to my habits, i’m a coffee girl
10. favorite seasonal dessert? pumpkin pie, pumpkin ice cream, gingerbread cookies!! (i know its a little early)
11. lets make a fall stew! pick any 6 ingredients to create your one: bahh this is hard but i’ll have to go with squash, sweet potatoes, lentils, zucchini, and maybee a hint of pumpkin? 🙂
12. pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts or almonds to snack on? I love almonds for a snack
13. popcorn flavor/seasoning? Kettle corn is my shit
15. post a link to a recipe that you recently bookmarked: Jessica’s banana cupcakes with chocolate and peanut butter frosting
that was fun 🙂 It makes me want to actually cook… I told my mom i’d help with thanksgiving dinner? does that count?
thought i’d show you guys this awesome view- yeah this is what I was looking at today while studying. I thought it was beautiful for some reason!
I think it is so important to sit back and realize how lucky we all truly are. Sometimes I feel that with all my struggles, I get so caught up in my life & my little bubble and I forget about the huge, beautiful world out there & everything else going on. It’s moments like those when I realize how lucky I am just to be alive and to have people in my life who I love & who love me. Because that is really what life is about.. feeling like you have a purpose and I honestly feel that I do all the things I do not only for myself, but for those people who love me unconditionally & who I also love unconditionally. & I think those people know who they are 🙂
I hope you all have great Wednesday’s!