hello lovelies 🙂
Today has been a really good day for a few reasons:
1. I found out I got an A on my marriage & family exam!! (yes, I know..weird class? but whatever)
2. I had a great work out with my amazing boyfriend! He actually got me to do some weight lifting that I needed and I limited my running to 20 minutes & it felt great. I hadn’t worked out for almost a week & it was just what i needed
3. I was feeling really positive about myself/my weight/etc. and I feel like I made really good food choices
4. I went grocery shopping with my boyfriend/best friend in my pledge class which is always fun. The boy & leah got some trix yogurt… they are such little kids
here is my breakfast! I had the same yogurt mess except with a new kind of yogurt… Siggi’s! It was SO GOOD
Then, after my work out I had a very typical lunch… I forgot my camera but it wasn’t interesting. Just a turkey sandwich, some baked lays, an apple & 1% milk!
For a snack I had this incredibbllly delicious clif bar! This was my first time eating a clif bar b/c i always steer clear of them b/c of their high calories, but i was missing out!
Then, Dinner was pretty good! The cafeteria made really good steak and even though I barely ever eat red meat, I decided it’d be good for me! So i had some steak, a baked potato, and a salad with veggies & lite rasberry vinagrette
I’ll probably snack on an apple or something before going to sleep 🙂
I got some good stuff at the grocery.. I didn’t need much but i got some fage 2%, some la tortilla factory wraps, some diet sierra mist (addiction), and some 100 calorie sun chip packs (sun chips are awesome I think)
anyways, in other news i’m helping my friend lose weight the healthy way! I am helping her with a meal plan… she tends have trouble eating correctly so i’m trying to help her out and make sure she isn’t starving herself.. does anyone have any advice?
Also, I thought i’d give you some info on the boy!!! 🙂 We both go to school here and it has been great to have him here while also making my own life for myself at school
Here we are over the summer:
& this is us @ prom in high school 🙂
I think it is so important to have someone in your life who you can truly be yourself with and tell everything to. He has been there for me through all my struggles & is also the only person I have told about this blog. I feel so lucky every day just to know that he is there for me and will back me up no matter what.
He is the most understanding person ever & I love him! He’s the greatest
I also thought i’d show some pix of some of the food in my dorm =]
yup, i stock up on the bars!
Eating healthy in college is not that hard… here are some pointers for those of you dealing with the same thing!
1) figure out a routine & stick with it! There are healthy choices in your cafeteria- you just have to figure out what they are
2) if your cafeteria makes turkey sandwiches, take advantage of it! A turkey sandwich on whole grain bread with a slice of cheese and some fruits/veggies is always a good, well balanced meal
3) If you get the salad bar, make sure you get enough protein! Don’t be one of those girls who just eats a tiny salad- it’s not enough and you will probably just end up snacking later.
4) Have healthy snacks available in the room ! This can be tough, but just try to find a way to get to the grocery store a couple times & stock up 🙂
This blog has already made me feel so much better about my situation… I appreciate the positive support & feedback, it really is encouraging! If there is anything you want to learn more about, please let me know